Minimizing the Impact on the Local Community
- The Meherrin Solar Project will NOT increase traffic.
- Minor maintenance work is expected to occur, only a few times per year.
- The project will have low or no impact on County services – requiring no new roads, utilities or impact on law enforcement.
- The Meherrin Solar Project will preserve the region’s agricultural heritage.
- Spreading across approximately 524.98 acres of land, much of the land between solar panels is undeveloped, leaving the opportunity to plant native grasses and wildflowers.
- As part of decommissioning, the land will be restored so it is available for its original agricultural use.
- The Project Team has submitted a decommissioning plan to the County, along with a pledge to post financial security as needed to support future decommissioning efforts.